Weve all done it: accidentally deleted photos, videos or files by accident. Dont panic, though. There are ways to recover your data whether youre rooted or not. Time is always of the essence though: do not save anything else to your device or switch it off,
and turn off your Wi-Fi and 3G/4G connection so that no automatic updates occur before youve had a chance to recover your lost data on Android.
- Connect your phone to a PC and run a file recovery app.
- Then download Recuva (you can use either the paid or free version), which is a program to recover files. You can also use other programs, such as Coolmuster or Wondershare Dr. Fone (which requires root but is also available for Mac or PC), but Recuva is a great free tool.
When you run Recuva, the first thing to do is select the type of file you want to recover: Pictures, Videos, Music, Documents, etc. The option to restore from a specific location is available and you can even set a specific folder to attempt recovery from.
Note that Recuva will only display locations it can actually recover data from. Just follow the prompts in the program.
When you finish recovering your deleted files, try to save them on a different device to the one from which they were originally lost:
Recover lost data on Android with Root access
- ► Download Undelete.
- ► The application is very simple. The first thing to do is to select the storage device from which you want to retrieve your data (can be internal or external memory).
- ► Then you scan the selected device.
- ► The process may take between two and 10 minutes, depending on your memory size and the amount of stored data.
- ► When finished you will be presented with retrievable data in several tabs: Files, Pictures, Music, Videos, Documents and Files. Recovered data returns to its place of origin, ie wherever it was saved before they were lost.
- ► This option may only work partially (if there is a problem with your memory). In that case, proceed to the Recuva steps above, or use Wondershare or another root recovery program.