Want to Email a forgotten file from your home to your office? Want to Gain full remote access to your PC from your mobile? Here is how to do this.
TeamViewer is everything a remote access app should be—simple to set up, easy to use, and free for non-commercial use. Install the client software and you can
use a short numerical code and password to gain access to your PC/Mac from your Android phone. You can transfer files between computer and mobile too, and the app works over 3G and 4G as well as Wi-Fi.
GoToMyPC offers many of the same features, but youll need a monthly subscription to be able to use it (a 30-day trial is available if you want to test it out). Connection is handled through the GoToMyPC website on your PC or Mac, and again the remote access features function over a high speed cellular line as well as good old Wi-Fi.
Using Google Chrome Remote Desktop
For this guide youll need an Android device (version 4.0 or newer) and a PC or laptop with the Chrome browser installed – so pretty much anyone can make use of remote desktop.
- ► Go to Play Store on your Android device. Tap the search icon in the top-right corner and search for remote desktop. Select and Install Chrome Remote Desktop on your Android device.
- ► Open up Chrome and head to Chrome Remote Desktop. Install the Chrome Extension to your Chrome browser by clicking the button Free and agreeing to the terms.
- ► The Extension should launch once installed, click Details on Chrome Remote Desktop. Launch the app from here.
- ► Under My Computers click Get Started and the Enable remote Connections. Chrome will then download the Chrome Remote Desktop Host Installer.Click this to install it.
- ► Once installed youll need to choose a minimum six-digit PIN to secure your remote connection. Type this in twice, and then again to enable remote connections.
- ► . At this point Google warns you to check your PCs power settings, as your PC will not be accessible from a remote location if its not turned on. To adjust these settings in Windows hit Start+X and then choose Power options. Here youll be able to set your PC not to sleep.
- ► Launch the app on your Android device and select your PC or laptop from the list provided. Enter the six-digit PIN for that device, you can also select not to have to enter it again (though wed recommend for security you leave this unchecked).
- ► The app will then try and connect to your PC.
- ► If it will not connect then this is likely down to network settings. Try getting it to work at home first and see if disabling your PCs firewall.
Please like share and comment…